Trends of Technical Evolution is a tool that is easy to grasp, and to apply to everyday life. The idea of this tool is that all products will follow a set of steps in their evolution, which allows us to decide where the product is now and how it will develop in the future.
A UK based designer Kyle Bean has produced a wonderful example of this, with a nested doll (TRIZ Inventive Principle 7) of mobile phones.
From the first Motorola DynaTAC from 1983, to the iPhone, the models fit inside each other to create a visual history of the mobile phone.
Read the article on Wired, and have a look at the Oxford Creativity website to find out more about Trends of Technical Evolution.
TRIZ facilitator, trainer, author and Founder of Oxford Creativity - a TRIZ company based in Oxford, United Kingdom. www.triz.co.uk
- Triz Blog
- A symbiotic relationship between TRIZ and Cynefin
- Storytelling Masterclass in Oxford
- Why our food is making us fat
- Beyond Brainstorming: Encouraging Team Innovation
- The future of the umbrella
- The Importance of Creative Reflexes for Everyday Innovation
- The Nanny McPhee School of Facilitation
- Why bother with Intellectual Property?
- Learning from my customers: Innovating TRIZ & the 40 Principles
- How many systematic innovators does it take to make a great party?
- Teaching the world to think like an engineer
- Brexit, TRIZ and the Referendum: Can We Solve the Contradiction of Leaving and Not Leaving?
- How TRIZ can help Junior Doctors
- TRIZ for Everyone - Beyond Engineering: TRIZ Journal
- Oxford TRIZ â€“ Simple & Systematic for Innovation & Problem Solving
- Ideas and Concepts: Creative Teamwork for Great Cartoons
- Writing TRIZ for Dummies
- What do Altshuller & Mozart have in common?
- Being there and not being there
- How Innovation is Like Foraging for Blackberries!
- Acoustical Properties of Facilitation
- Mobile Trends
- Formula 1 technology monitors children in hospital
- The Inventive Gondola
- Never be stumped for resources
- Inventive Principles and the Olympic Cauldron
- Intelâ€™s New â€˜Ivy Bridgeâ€™ Computer Chips
- Which Apple product is best? Let the market decide
- The invisible bike helmet
- The evolutionary trends of Pinterest
- Fight Fixed Thinking
- Intuition, Creativity and TRIZ
- TRIZ and Cynefin Framework
- Hello ... TRIZniks, welcome to TRIZworld!