Oxford Creativity will show you how to be innovative and solve your problems systematically with TRIZ.
Advanced TRIZ participants learn to use all the tools and processes to create solutions for difficult problems.
Advanced TRIZ: Day Four
The Whole TRIZ Process
- Defining What we Want
- TRIZ Algorithms for Defining and Solving Problems
- Mapping your System and Identifying and Solving Problems
- Application of the Whole TRIZ Process
DEFINING WHAT WE WANT
- Ideality â€“ all the Benefits, Costs and Harms
- Ideal Outcome / System
- Understanding Requirements - Benefits
- Selecting the Right Features to Deliver the Right Benefits
- Systems Available to Deliver Benefits and Constraints
WHAT DO WE WANT?
The TRIZ technique of the Ideal Outcome helps us break psychological inertia and define what we really want. We practice how to capture all the required benefits of our Ideal Solution, which is the first step in effective TRIZ problem solving, and ensures that we have defined what we want correctly.
UNCOVERING DIFFICULT PROBLEMS
- Uncovering potential harms or hazards
- The OXFORD TRIZ Problem Solving Process
Thinking in Time and Scale together with other TRIZ Tools help us all achieve this same level of creative thinking. The workshop features several exercises using this deceptively simple but powerful tool of 9 Boxes to help us both understand and solve problems.
Thinking in Time and Scale
- Context of Problems and Systems in Time and Scale
- Predicting the Future of your Industry and Company
- Safety - Causes and Prevention of Hazards
We practice mapping the hazards which can combine to cause problems, and then map solutions which can prevent these problems occurring. We then build on this exercise with a further exercise mapping causes of problems and solving them using the Oxford Creativity Standard Solutions.
ADVANCED TRIZ: DAY FIVE
Oxford Creativity has been working with creative teams and facilitating problem solving workshops for over 17 years, and have extensive hands-on practical experience of how to make the most effective use of your organisationâ€™s most powerful resource â€“ your peopleâ€™s time, energy and cleverness.
To tackle difficult problems and generate creative solutions, you need not only a powerful toolkit and method like TRIZ, but often a facilitator to guide the process and ensure that everyone is working effectively together.
- fundamentals of creative teams
- Hands-on experience in facilitating the use of individual TRIZ tools
- Understanding role of the facilitator
- Developing facilitation skills
- Tips and techniques for encouraging everyoneâ€™s innovation
- How to prepare for and guide others through the successful application of TRIZ.
- Tips and techniques for how to work more creatively in teams.
Application of the Whole TRIZ Process
The workshop takes a single problem and participants step through a number of different TRIZ tools to understand a problem, generate solutions and rank them. The workshop brings the whole problem solving process together and consolidates the week's learning.